Friday, January 21, 2011

Protect Marriage From What?

Here is a sneak peek at what is in store for Maryland.

We are attacking marriage! We are God defying! We hate the Lord! ... PLEASE!

After you get a good look at the posters from protectmarriage.org, check out what we are really about at Equality Maryland. There is a phone bank and party this Saturday to get the truth out about why we need and want marriage.

For myself and my legal wife, we love being married. All we want is the right to put me down as wife instead of dependant on her taxes. It is true that we do not receive the 1,300 odd rights and privileges that others do but there is more to it than that.
I love it when I can check the married box. When I am talking to a stranger in line, they understand exactly what I am and mean by being married. What is cool about Maryland is no one blinks when I talk about my wife!  I have never gotten any flack from anyone.

I like it when I correct people that call me Miss.. I am a Mrs.. I never thought I would ever become a Mrs.. The whole time I taught school, the kids called me Mrs. assuming I was married. Frankly, it hurt. Every day I was reminded that I was not allowed to get married.
After the great commitment service we had, I was still a legal stranger to the woman I loved and had just given her my heart.

On May10,2010 we were legally married in our nations capitol and the state sees us as married.  Maryland will have gay marriage. The people who just don't get it will do ANYTHING to stop and/or change it but the truth will set us free.
Pmm BackPmm Front

No comments:

Post a Comment