Thursday, May 19, 2011

"The burden of proof is on that community .......

This quote from the Rev. Jason McGuire caught my attention this morning.

"The burden of proof is on that community to demonstrate
that they are actually contributing something to that society's success
"


My first reaction was a one day strike from the whole gay population! That will show them!

That will never happen. We have to many issues.
Outside of the fact we only gather in big crowds if there is a party, many are still in the closet and most would not want to jeopardize their jobs any more than they are. We don't have a clue how many strong we are because some are still in the closet and we are not counted as a population on the census. OK...That won't work....

How about we start a registry of out LBGT's who would list their contributions to society!

It would be a long list that maybe takes off and creates alot of extra work to maintain. Honestly, I don't want to do that. I am busy enough. I would sign one if it came around. It would only make a difference if anyone but the choir saw it as well. Won't work...

I am a creative person. I should be able to come up with a good idea that would show this guy whats up so I started a list....

1. Maybe we could get reputable and reliable foundations to do years of studies according to modern criteria and collection of data to present and support our influence and contributions?

2. Getting tons of famous people to either come out or support our contributions, make movies and add us to TV shows, have our own shows.

3. Orgs, blogs, magazines, newspapers.

4. Get the courts involved. Rally, protest, civil disobedience

5. Open dialogue, debates

6.  The Arts. You would think the Arts proves our worth alone.

7. History suggests we have been here the whole time and society continued to thrive in spite of our existence.

By this point I could outline each idea and find something that has already been done but that would be a waste of time.
It has all been done plus some and we keep on doing these things as proof we contribute to society in all the same ways everyone else does.

What do we need to do to make it clear enough for these people to see the proof?

Then it dawned on me......it is not that we are not clear....
It is they are not looking and when they try, they are surrounded by a fog of twisted truths.
A filter of fear, anger, and beliefs in bad interpretations of good books.

I have already proven myself and I don't care if they want to live in a fog.
I just don't want their fog to dictate the laws for the rest of us.

So the question has changed from how do we prove ourselves to how do we lift their fog and let them see what is very clear?


No comments:

Post a Comment