Friday, August 19, 2011

Trip Back Home

My Mom is turning 70 on the 22nd and the wife, father-in-law, and I are going to Ohio to celebrate.
It has taken some planning and lots of saving to return to my hometown for a week.
Today we start packing. The list of things to do has grown shorter but the last minute stuff still awaits.
I am looking forward to seeing my family and my 2 new grandchildren. I am also looking forward to spending time with my friends at the studio. I have missed them very much.
I get to show my father-in-law around our small town where he will get to see and meet several galleries and the owners as well as an afternoon at the Football Hall-O-Fame.

As a news junky, the hardest part of the trip will be not checking my blog list. I am sure to go in to withdrawls from this. Being the computer geek that she is, my lovely bride will be taking a netbook and a laptop just in case I can't stand it anymore. LOL

Our housemate, Reece, will be holding down the fort and taking care of the dogs and cats  while we are gone. I think he will have his job cut out for him because my dog, Odo, is a little needy and hates it when I leave. Thus the need for a laptop with Skype. LOL

So, I have to get my butt in gear and finish the endless list of stuff to do as well as try not to get bitchy.

See you all in a week. ( Unless there is some major breaking news... I know honey.... no blogging on vacation.....Right)

No comments:

Post a Comment